Workcom understands the impact that claims costs have on an employer’s workers compensation premium, and the importance of managing lost time injuries. Employers can outsource rehabilitation and return to work services to a service provider when required, rather than having a full time staff member in the role.
Workcom has skilled and experienced claims management consultants that can assist and guide employers in all aspects of claims and premium management, including undertaking a complete analysis of the organisation’s worker’s compensation history, and develop a targeted injury management plan to manage injury claims and reduce claims costs and premiums.
The service also extends to providing in-house return to work coordinator services, offered by our qualified RTWC consultants. The services offered include:
- On-call Claims Management advice
- On-site Claims Management support
- Locum / Outsourcing Claims Management
- Development and implementation of Claims Management and Return to Work Policies and Procedures
- Advice on initial and ongoing liability for workers compensation claims
- Preparation of review documentation to QCOMP to challenge decision
- Conducting investigations of claims
- Manage the Common Law process, including attending settlement conferences
- Premium Health Check.
In addition we offer the following tools/packages designed to assist employers to manage their workers compensation obligations from the onset of any injury/claim:
- Injury Management Pack – which includes templates of all necessary claims documents
- Injury Management Program – providing employers with a return to work model, promoting open communications to facilitate a timely and sustainable return to work as soon as possible.
- Training programs for Supervisors/ Managers – providing education on how to manage an injured worker.
- Non-Work Related Injury Management Pack – this provides employers with a framework to manage non work related injuries.