Workcom recognises the ability to drive is an important part of returning to normal life following an injury or illness. Workcom has experienced Occupational Therapists in OT Driver Assessment. This includes
- Assessing people’s capacity to return to driving following illness or injury and providing Vehicle Modification Prescription
- Providing assistance with appropriate vehicle modifications for people with physical changes affecting their ability to drive.
- Facilitating driving rehabilitation programs with suitably experienced driver trainers
The ability to drive following an injury may also hinder the return to work process. The OT Driver Assessor can identify the legal, medical and physical requirements of returning to driving, and provide the following services:
- Driving Assessments
- Vehicle Modification Prescription
- Driving Rehabilitation
- Assistance with Driving Phobias
- Post-traumatic Stress and Driving
- Driver Fatigue.