Our model and methodology is consistent with Workcom’s commitment to applying a bio psychosocial approach to injury management.
Workcom’s Rehabilitation Counsellors and Registered Psychologists are experienced in the analysis of skills transferable to real employment opportunities, and at facilitating the transition from one workplace and occupation to another, more suitable occupation following an injury or illness experience.
Workcom’s Vocational services include:
- Analysis of hard skills transferable to alternative employment
- Identifying workers’ retraining capacity
- Analysis of the physical/ psychological task requirements of potential occupations
- Ensuring the Injured worker is engaged in, and is actively participating in the discovery of their own unique skill set and how to promote this skill set from the outset of vocational redirection
- Providing a job match that is clinically robust and medically endorsed
- Providing a job match that considers comparable post injury earnings, ensuring a close as possible match to the pre injury earning capacity demonstrated by the injured worker.
Workcom provides the following solutions to job search activities:
- Training in job seeking skills
- Mock Interview coaching
- Development of a self-marketing job search plan
- Understanding and sign off from the injured worker to the compliance and activity requirements of job seeking.