Workcom provides specialised ergonomic workstation assessment services across Australia.
Workstation ergonomics is the practice of correctly adjusting chairs, desks, computer spaces, and so on (spaces where you sit and work for extended periods of time on a regular basis) to best fit your physical stature during the performance of your work tasks.
Proper workstation ergonomics is a proactive approach to reduce or prevent work related repetitive use injuries.
What is the Purpose of Workcom’s Ergonomic Workstation Evaluations?
Workcom’s ergonomic evaluations of workstations and modifications made based off these, are designed to prevent these types of workplace injuries and aid in reducing the following symptoms workers may suffer from prolonged use of a poorly set-up workstation:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Wrist or arm pain
The Workplace Chair and Desk Ergonomic Assessment Involves
- Assess the individual’s workstation in relation to problems reported and work demands.
- Provide education on ergonomic principles and correct workstation adjustments.
- Review equipment requirements and workstation modifications.
- Demonstrate and promote preventative exercise and stretch regimes.
- A brief report will be provided on the findings of the ergonomic desk evaluation, along with workplace recommendations.
The goal of a workstation assessment is to make beneficial adjustments to your current workspace to allow for an ergonomic set-up. A thorough ergonomic evaluation is the foundation for creating a safer, healthier, less injury-prone workplace and improving overall workplace wellness.
Group Ergonomic Workplace Assessment and Training Program Services can also be provided to employers.